Liferay: Converting 6.2 Portlets to 7.1 Part 2
07 June 2019
Now we are going to focus on converting the service layer. This can be broken down into the following steps.
- Pick a package path for the new code.
- Gather Information: servletContextName, schema version number and full path model names.
- Create your new Service builder project.
- Update pom.xml to stop version increments and to set version.
- Migrate service.xml
- Run service builder
- Migrate over customizations from 6.2
- Make BundleActivator class, update bnd file and update pom.xml.
- Make UpgradeStep class
- Make Upgrade Class
- Make Resource Actions file.
- Make Permissions settings class.
Liferay: Converting 6.2 Portlets to 7.1 Part 1
04 June 2019
Converting portlets from 6.2 to 7.1 requires us to know where code and configurations belong in both versions. They are more similar than they are dissimilar. Knowing the differences and how to upgrade 6.2 portlets is key. I say we are “upgrading” rather than “converting” because that is how Liferay views it. You will be required to create upgrade code to modify 6.2 configuration data to 7.1 configuration data. We will be converting a portlet with a service layer.
Preparing SolrCloud 7.7 for Liferay 7.1.
18 April 2019
30 May 2019
Finding useful commands for troubleshooting multicasting was difficult because most were not installed on the servers.
Zookeeper: Useful Command Line
18 April 2019
Zookeeper command line commands
Making SQL Commands from SQL Commands
08 April 2019
Over the years, I have needed to generate SQL commands for every table or for every column.
Below are two examples, one for Sybase and one for MariaDB